Friday, April 15, 2011

Hard to believe these coins are already 70 years old!

One of the guys I play golf with, Bruce Richards, knows I save pennies pre-1983.  He's the one that loaned me that bucket of pennies to check through I blogged about late last summer.  So when he comes across an older coin he gives them to me.  Yesterday he had a couple of nickels he'd found.  He says all he'd do was spend them, anyway. 
I know these aren't ancient coins, but they're already 65 and 71 years old, and in pretty good shape.  So, I'll save them with my bucket'O' pennies and eventually give them to Mark.
Anyone else who reads this blog and comes across pre-1983 pennies or pre-1960 nickels, if you're going to spend them anyway, I'll buy them off you at face value. Just one more thing I'm saving.

No comments: