Sunday, April 17, 2011

BOB WINS!

I played Quail Chase GC today. I was to play Greg Lynn and J. R. Harris, as stated in my previous golf post.  However, Mr. Harris didn't show up.  As yet I have no idea why.  He hasn't called so I would assume he just forgot about it.  But Greg made it so we played a twosome.  It was a beautiful day, however it was pretty windy.  I never play well in the wind.  Greg and I tied the front nine, after giving him two strokes, but then the wheels came off Greg's game on the back nine.  I think with the constant pressure I applied on the front, then ripping a drive on #10 tee, his knees kinda buckled.  I shot a 46 - 44 = 90 to Greg's 48 - 53 = 101.  I'm now $2 richer.....thanks Greg! 
I know it's early in the year, but the fairways at Quail Chase really suck!  There's hardly any grass at all in the fairways.  It's even hard to find a little clump of grass to set your ball on in a lot of places.  On #2, South Course, we had to move our ball over to the rough to find any grass.  It was very wet and sloppy out there today, too, and on  many of the fairways it was hard to find grass and not be in casual water.  I haven't played Quail Chase for awhile, and with the condition it was in, I don't plan on playing it any time soon.
J. R......WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?

*Late note:  I called J. R. around 7 pm to find out what happened.  He forgot.

No comments: