Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Usual Tuesday Round, but not at Shawnee GC



Played my usual Tuesday Round today, but we played at Sun Valley GC today. I think Shawnee GC had some kind of tournament going on. Round 28 for the year. I shot a 42 - 42 - = 84. I'm pretty sure that won't get me any prize money. I'm fairly pleased with the way I played, but there were a few shots, mostly fairway shots, that I just didn't hit well. I lost two strokes on the back nine from penalties for going into the creek. One was a layup that I didn't realize how hard the ground was and it bounced and rolled into the creek. The other was on hole 15, the par 5 over the creek. I hit the tree, way up high, and dropped straight down into the creek. Both were good strokes, but bad luck. Looking forward to this weekends golf trip to Dale Hollow. Hope I continue to play well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were reaching for the stars.
QMM

Brian said...

There was a junior tournament at Shawnee today. I had to go make sure my handicap info was transmitted. I was wonderingif you all played before or somewhere else.

Kevin said...

They played in the junor tournament. Dad and JR lost $4 to a couple of 9-year-olds. They were even on skins but they lost a $4 bet on a long drive.

Brian said...

and I bet both JR and Dad found several Sponge Bob golf balls