Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dale Hollow Golf Trip




I just got back from my golf trip to Dale Hollow Lake State Park. we had a great time. The course was beautiful, the rooms clean and roomy, and the people very nice. I played 4 rounds, one of which was a scramble. I shot an 84 on my first round, followed by a 93 and 91. My first round my chipping and putting was very good, but sorta left me after that. The course was very hilly and very well bunkered, as you can see by the pictures I posted. There were 13 of us on the trip and we played three 3-somes and One 4-some each day. My 84 on Friday was the second lowest round of the day beaten only by a 79. Al Scalzo shot the 79 with a 35 on the front side, the lowest 9 of his life. We played from the #3 tees, of 5 tee boxes, which I think would be equal to the white tees.
Rounds for the year 29, 30, 31!
We played a scramble Saturday afternoon. I was on the only team with 4 players. The teams with 3 players alternated players taking an extra shot to have 4 shots for each stroke. I've always thought that was an advantage in a scramble. My team finished last at -2, the winner was -7. We birdied 4 holes but bogeyed 2 holes. Our biggest problem was not being able to get a ball close on short iron shots. The trip was fun and I look forward to next year.


1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

While you were gone, I killed a spider in the bathroom all by myself.