Thursday, October 11, 2012

Stuck in the middle of my golf comeback.

Am I ever going to get back to the way I was playing before July?  Who knows.  During a round I play well, at times, and play terrible, at times.  I just need to get those short spells of terrible golf under control.
It really seems to be a problem I've always had.  Just a few holes that kill your score, a shot here and there that you just wonder "What in the world were you thinking when you hit that?".
I played Iroquois today, shot a 42 - 42 = 84.  Really hit some nice shots today.  It was a beautiful day and I hit good fairway shots, most of the time, putted well, most of the times, and chipped well, most of the time.  My 10 handicap netted me a 74, which actually was 2nd lowest score on my team.  We need to average very low 70's in order to win low team money.  I would think we averaged around a 75-76.
This would be round 45 for the year.

LATE NOTE:  We won!  We actually finished with a 74 average, which was good enough to win.  So, I have $9 coming. 

No comments: