Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First 18 holes walked in 3 months!

I played my usual Tuesday round at Shawnee GC today.  However, I did manage to walk the entire 18 holes.  That was the plan, but I also knew I could bail out after 9 and rent a cart.  I felt really good until walking up #16 fairway, and then I could tell I was pretty tired.  But, then, I've always been tired towards the end of a round.
It was a cool, wet day, and Brian was off today so he joined us.  Other than a couple of holes, I had a good round.  I was very pleased with how I hit my fairway shots and my chip shots.  They've been the shots that's been dragging me down, and I worked on them today and feel like I hit good fairway shots and good chips.  That is, other than that couple of holes.  I shot a 39 - 42 = 81 and Brian shot a 37 - 35 = 72.  We were the low Father-Son team out there today. (Well, the only).
I also got my $8 I won from last Thursday for part of low team at Iroquois GC.  Anyway, after today's round I'm feeling pretty good about my game and know that it's close to being back.  Any round now, and I could be down in the 70's again.
This was round 43 for the year.