Thursday, October 18, 2012

My putting was amazing today!

I just wish the rest of my game would have been good!  I really did putt well today.  Three holes in a row I made putts from 12 to 20 feet, a couple with a pretty good break in it.  Several really long putts today I left right on the edge of the cup for a gimme, which is nice.  And, the greens were really rolling fast today.  I made my putts of 3-6 feet, which if you aren't making really adds to your score.  I didn't play that bad today, but just can't shake hitting those 3-5 terrible shots a round.  I've always said, I can live with so-so shots, those 150 yard fat shots that end up about 5-10 yards off the green.  That's a so-so shot.  Those 150 yard shots that are still 90-100 yards from the green when they stop, now that's a terrible shot!
Oh well, today I shot a 41 - 40 = 81.  Not great, as my putting kept the score respectable.  This was round 47 for the year.

No comments: