Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Round 46 FTY, and my 9-wood killed me

It used to be my favorite club.  My 9-wood.  When I'd get in trouble, I would pull out my 9-wood and BAM!  Pull off a super shot and save the hole.  Bobby Flood , when I'd pull out that 9-wood, used to say, "Watch out, Bob's dialing 911!"
But today, it was terrible.  Every time I hit that club, I hit it fat.  I use  it from 130-140 yards out, sometimes even further, but today, that 135 yard shot I needed went about 60 yards!  I mean, EVERY TIME!  I even put it in my bag and said I'm not getting it out again, but I did.  And, FAT!  I ended up shooting a 41 - 41 = 82 at Shawnee, with about 6 terrible 9-woods.  If I'd have hit decent shots with that club, I'd have been 76-77, easy.  So, the rest of my game wasn't bad.  A few poor shots here and there, and a lot of really good shots.  Overall, other than my 9-wood, I was pleased with my round.
I did walk the entire 18 at Shawnee GC today.  I feel pretty tired now, but walking 18 holes should make you tired.  That's a pretty long walk.  Filming that movie late Sunday, and not getting to bed until close to 2:30 am, I called my Cardiac Rehab Monday at 7:00 am and told them I wouldn't be in.  Then went back to bed.  So I missed my workout on Monday.  But, I went for a walk yesterday afternoon, and worked out a little with my free weights.  I'll be there tomorrow morning at 7.  I'm bumping up to '4' 10 minute workouts tomorrow, instead of the '3' I've been doing.

No comments: