Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I knew my Putting would get even with me

I putted so well last Thursday.  Gosh, that was a long time ago.  Today, I couldn't make a putt.  My long putts I left about 5-6 feet short, then couldn't make that.  Chipping on from beside the green, I made good chips to be 5-6 feet from the hole, very make- able, but couldn't make the putt.  I don't think I made any putts today.  The only putts that went in the hole was the ones they gave me.
I did play well today.  I got rid of my 'terrible' shots.  I don't think I hit a single terrible shot.  I hit a bunch of so-so shots, and should have been able to convert them into a par, but it was the putting that kept my score high.  I shot a 42 - 45 = 87 at Shawnee GC today.  If I'd have been putting today like last Thursday, it would have been a 74-75 easy.
Oh well, let's hope I keep hitting the ball well.  The putting will come around.  One thing, the greens last Thursday were fast.  Today, the greens were pretty slow and I just couldn't make myself hit the ball hard enough on those long putts.  I can't remember running one single long putt past the hole.
I did find out today that we won low team last Thursday.  So, that got me $9!  If I can just get my whole game to meet me on the course at the same time, I can get down into the 70's again.

No comments: