Sunday, October 28, 2012

Great Day at Churchill Downs!

Every Fall J. R. Harris reserves a couple of tables in the Matt Winn Room at Churchill Downs.  He has a lot of his family visit from up in northeast Kentucky, and this year he had extra seats, so a few of us golfing buddies decided to buy them up and make a visit to the track.
It was a nice day to be inside.  The weather was cloudy and cold.  Not much luck with the bets, either.  As the day wore on, the uncashed tickets were piling up in the middle of the table.



I went through 8 races without cashing a ticket.  Things were getting a little grim.  But, the 9th race my ship came in.  Now, I know my winnings aren't much to a big time player, but for me, looking at coming out about $50 down on the day, plus the cost of my ticket and dinner, this ticket was a life saver!  I cashed a ticket for $297!  This allowed me to pay my food bill, cover all my losses, pay for my ticket, give the waitress a nice tip, and still come out about $200 ahead!  I think it was a very nice day.

No comments: