Thursday, May 31, 2012

Playing round 23 for the Year and collecting money!

I collected the money today that I won last Tuesday, a week ago, with my 73!  I won the back nine and the total 18 for a total of $34 !

I'm a little disappointed not winning the whole shebang with a 73, but I'm happy to win 2 of the 3.

Today wasn't quite as good as that 73.  We played at Shawnee GC today, rather than our usual Iroquois on a Thursday.  Sometimes the courses have other things happening and we can't get on.  Like next week, we will be at Iroquois on Tuesday, and must go out to Sun Valley GC on Thursday.

Today's round wasn't exceptional, but not bad.  I did have a double bogey on the front nine, and one on the back nine.  I ended up shooting a 38 - 39 = 77.  That 9 day layoff hurt a little, but I still feel like I hit a lot of good shots today, putted well, and chipped and hit my short irons well.  Both double bogeys were caused by hitting in bunkers, then 3 putting.  I made 2 good bunker shots, but couldn't get my first putt close enough to make my second.  One ball was up against the front lip of the bunker and I thought I really played a great shot just to get it out and onto the green.  The other bunker shot was to a pin on the back of the green and I carried the ball to the hole and it ran onto the fringe.  A downhill putt from there and it ran by the hole about 8 feet, and I missed it coming back.  So, I really thought my bunker shots were good, but the putting on those holes were a little off.

No comments: