Saturday, May 12, 2012

As Promised, The Coca-Cola Golf Scramble Report

We played about as well as we could play today, 10 under par.  Sure, we could have made a couple more long putts, or maybe chipped one in.  But overall, we did about as well as we could expect.  After the tournament, Brian and I were the official scorers.  We went into the scoring tent (Inside the Clubhouse), and double checked each scorecard to make sure the right score was posted before they announced the winners.  We found a couple of errors, but not with any that were in contention.

As you can see, we finished tied for 8th out of 25 teams.  Brian won the $100 closest to the pin hole.  The Wagner Team finished 6 Under, but they had a little trouble on the 'toilet seat' hole.  That's the hole where they sit a toilet seat around the hole and it's only open from one direction.  The Wagner Team double bogeyed that hole, while the Tabler Team managed to Birdie it.




Here was the only place I helped today.  I got to the food pretty quick and saved us a place at the table.  This is me and my 3 sons. Clockwise from me:  Mark, Brian, and Kevin.  Kevin played his usual good game today and helped  lot.  Mark, who only plays golf once a year, hit some nice shots and made a couple of putts for us.  And, like I said, I saved a place at the table.
Our team didn't fair very well in the Door Prize drawings. They had a lot of nice Door Prizes, but Mark's number was the only one called out before all the Prizes were gone.  Mark won a $30 gift certificate at an Auto Service Facility out near him.  But, the rest of the team didn't have their number called, so we got an envelope.  The envelope was guaranteed to have at least $5 in it.  Of course, mine had $5, but Kevin and Brian's had $10 each.
It was fun, and I look forward every year to playing golf with my 3 sons.


1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

Yaaay for the Tabler Team.