Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Spirit of '76'!

I finally had a round today without a Double Bogey!  One Birdie, and the rest  pars and bogeys.  I shot a 38 - 38 = 76!  We played Iroquois GC today instead of Shawnee.  They had a tournament at Shawnee GC so we did our usual Thursday golf at Iroquois GC, where we play team competition and low man.  Our team won low team, but I lost low man by one stroke.  My net 65 was beaten out by a 78, net 64!  I got back $14 for the team event.
I was disappointed not winning low man, but shooting a 76 made up for it.  I thought earlier I was close to a good round, but then threw in a few clunker rounds that had me wondering where my game was going.  So, the 76 today, without any big number holes, has me feeling pretty good about my game.
The only trouble is that my handicap will start dropping now, so I'd better play well to make up for it.  This was round 16 for the year.
I haven't mention it, but last Tuesday at Shawnee GC, when Brian played with me and J. R. Harris, J. R. won all the money.  He won Front, Back, and Total 18, for a total of $60!  J. R. has been playing well and his handicap is dropping.  I used to not be happy with a round unless I beat J. R. by 10 strokes.  But now, I'm happy if I beat him by 5 strokes.  Today he shot a 40 - 42 = 82.  He's getting tougher and tougher to beat.

No comments: