Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My 20th round of the year was a pretty good one

This was our normal Tuesday at Shawnee GC.  We had good weather today and a pretty good turn out of golfers.  A good day to shoot well with a lot of money on the line.
I don't know my handicap at Shawnee GC.  I think it is around 13.  But I played well today.  If I don't win any money today I won't win any for a long time.  My handicap is still high enough that with a good round I can shoot really low, but I think after this week my handicap may drop to a number that will keep me from being able to net low enough to win.

I shot a 37 - 39 = 76.  This could easily be low enough that I could sweep front, back, and total 18.  But, in our group you never know.  Somebody else could have fired their low round of the year.  I didn't stick around to see how it came out.  We were the 2nd group in and I knew it would be close to another hour before the last group got in.  I'll find out Thursday.  By the way, with last Thursdays round, this was 3 nine's in a row with a 37!  Pretty good, if I do say so myself!
I hit the ball well today, but what made this a super round was that I made 3 really long putts,   two from just off the green.  One saved par and the other two were birdies.  So I made two birdies today.  And, this was two rounds in a row that I had nothing higher than a bogey.

No comments: