Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Tuesday at Shawnee was Awesome!

First, let me tell you that I shot my lowest round ever!  I really hit the ball well today, and I'm back shooting a round without anything worse than a bogey.  I had a total of four bogey's, one birdie, and a round of 35 - 38 = 73.  Par at Shawnee GC is 34 - 36 = 70.  Pretty good, huh?  I played very steady all day.  I didn't make any long putts like I did last Tuesday, but never 3 putted.  I made every putt within 6 feet, and that's what kept me out of making a 3 putt.

After shooting a 35 on the front, I bogeyed 10 and 11 and figured the streak was over.  But then I parred in from there.  Does 'parred' have one r or two r's?  The spell check didn't highlight it, but it may be because it's spelled correctly, but used incorrectly.
I'm really hitting the ball well right now, and my shots I don't hit solid, I'm still hitting them well enough that they aren't causing me trouble.  And, besides putting well, I've been chipping pretty good.  In the past, when I've been chipping well, I can't convert by making the putt.  Right now, all the parts of my game are clicking on all cylinders.  I know my handicap at Shawnee GC will be dropping like a rock.  I don't know how much last weeks round dropped it, but with two rounds of 76 & 73, I know it's gonna be down in the mid-single digits.
I hadn't mentioned the Scramble I played in Sunday.  We didn't win anything, but I thought I played very good, and I had the closest ball to the pin I've ever had in a Scramble on a par 3.  I had a ball about 10 1/2 inches from the cup.  Unfortunately, the winner had one 10 inches from the cup!  We were the last group thru that hole, and had to measure it.  It was a let down.  Of course, if I'd have beaten him by a half an inch I'm sure he would have thought we cheated.  It's a good thing we weren't about 10 feet from the hole with that little difference because I'm not sure we'd have been able to tell who was the closest.
Well, I won't be playing Thursday, so I won't know if I won any money today.  I'll find out eventually.  This was round 22 for the year!

No comments: