Thursday, May 17, 2012

So much for rounds without a double bogey!

I didn't get far into the round today before I blew my 'no double bogey' wish.  I double hole #4, and for good measure, I doubled #18.

I did find out today that I won ALL the money Tuesday.  Front 9, Back 9, and Total 18, for a whopping $60!  I thought it might win it all.  I would have been very disappointed if I didn't win any of the money, but am pleasantly surprised that I won ALL of the money!

Despite my 2 double bogeys today, I didn't play that bad.  I shot a 40 - 40 = 80.  Both double bogeys were  the result of a 3-putt.  I hit a lot of good shots today, and even had several recovery shots that I thought showed very good imagination to be able to get the ball either on, or very close, to the green.

I left early so I don't know how our team did.  We averaged almost a net 73, which is about 2 strokes higher than what usually wins.  But, the other teams could have had a bad to, too.  You never know.
This would be my 21st round of the year!

No comments: