Thursday, June 30, 2011

Well, so much for consistency.......

My round today got me out of that boring 80-81 routine.  I shot a 46 - 42 = 88 at Iroquois GC.  And, I had my first triple bogey in several rounds, with a big snowman on  par 5 #6. That hole I had a good drive, good 3 wood, then pulled my 7 iron, hit the cart path, and jumped into the high weeds out of bounds. I was playing pretty good until that happened.  Then it was all down hill. Oh, I still had some good holes, but overall, it wasn't a pretty round.  I double bogied #18 for I think the third time in a row.  The same way...push my tee shot to the right of the green, flop a shot up, then 3 putt.  I love to finish my round with a 3 putt.  My handicap on Thursdays is 10. So my 88 nets me a 78.  I'm sure our team didn't win any money today even though I didn't stay around to find out. Besides my out of bounds ball, I had one ball end up in the creek and had to drop out for a stroke.  Those of you familiar with Iroquois know it's those concrete creeks.  That's the first time I've been in one of those since I can remember. Oh well, I'll have to work to get back to those low 80 scores.

No comments: