Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesdays at Shawnee GC

My golf game slipped and fell a little today.  I just couldn't seem to hit those fairway irons when I needed to.  It didn't take me long to double bogey a hole today, either.  I doubled #2 and #3, then hung on and didn't double bogey a hole until #17.  I think that's two weeks ina row I've doubled #17, and I did it the same way.  A decent drive, chunked fairway shot, then dropping it in the greenside bunker.  Blast out onto the green in 4 and 2 putt.
It was really hot again today.  Walking 18 holes takes a lot out of you.  I thought it wouldn't be to awful bad on the front nine, but the humidity was so high it was sweltering right from the start.  I shot a 40 - 43 = 83 today.  Still keeping me in a consistant pattern with my previous 10 rounds.  My handicap on Tuesdays is still at 14, which surprised me.  My handicap on Thursday was 11, and may have dropped  another stroke since last week.
This was round 26 for the year.

No comments: