Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Round 22 FTY was 'almost' double bogey free

I played my usual Tuesday Golf at Shawnee GC today.  This was two weeks in a row now I've shot a 38 - 42 = 80.  I almost made it through the round without a double bogey, but it jumped up and bit me on hole #17.  Two poor fairway shots, after a decent drive, put me in the greenside bunker.  Blast out in four, miss the putt, tap in for a six.

It was a great day to play.  It sprinkled a little rain a couple of times on the front nine, but nothing to get an umbrella out for.  Then the rest of the round was cloudy and the temperature was in the mid-70's.  Walking 18 holes in weather like this on a flat course....I got home and wasn't exhausted. 
Once again I played well but not good enough to win any money.  If I'm gonna lower my handicap I should at least win a little money doing it!

No comments: