Friday, June 24, 2011

A little metal detecting to go along with golf

I 'm  easing back into metal dectecting a little.  I think I'm a little out of practice.  The weather has been so hot and the ground so dry it hasn't been good for metal detecting.  With the temperature down and the ground wet,  I did get out this morning to detect a little.
As I said, I think I'm a little out of practice.  I didn't find much.  Other than a bunch of pieces of aluminum cans, pictured at right  is all I found.  I detected at Chance School.  I looked along the gravel road above the gravel parking loop.  And, everything I dug up I had to dig through gravel.  It was an area I wanted to check, but it just didn't yield anything.  A small piece of aluminum, broken off something, a copper strap, that I broke in half getting out of the ground, and a Cub Scout neckerchief tie.  It was fun, and I wish the weather would allow me to detect a little more often.  It got hot so soon this summer that my Spring detecting was a very short season.

No comments: