Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Round 20 for the Year......was a hot one

Well....it was hot out there today.  How hot was it?  It was so hot I saw some wino's passing around a Dilly Bar.  I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.  The farmers were feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs.
I walked 18 at Shawnee GC today.  I shot a 40 - 45 = 85.  Not as good as I've played the last couple of times.  I let a few tee shots get away from me to the right and that caused me some trouble.  I was having a pretty good front nine when my tee shot on #8 went to the right, hit the cart path, and jumped into the weeds.  Double Bogey.  Then I doubled #9.  Finishing the front nine with 2 double bogeys and still shooting a 40.  I don't know if it was the heat causing me to be a little tired and hitting my drives to the right.  I'm sure the heat didn't help, but sometimes you just don't hit some shots good.  I didn't play bad overall, but hit enough bad shots to pump my score up 5-7 strokes.
We'll be playing Iroquois GC Thursday, but I plan on riding then.  It's still supposed to be in the mid-90's and with the hills at Iroquois I'll have to ride a cart or ride home in a hearse.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

I don't know how you even play in this weather! But I like your jokes.