Thursday, June 23, 2011

A model of consistency

Bad Bob has played consistent golf the past month or so.  My last nine rounds are 81-81-80-80-80-85-78-80.  My round today, 39 - 42 = 81, was almost double bogey free.  I had one, on #18, which was my 9th hole because we started on the back.

I just can't get that double bogey free round completed. Today was windy and the course was really sloppy wet.  I don't know the official amount of rain we had last night but I know we had several inches.  It was hard on many of the holes to find a place in the fairway that wasn't 'casual water'. I don't think the greens had been cut today, either, and they were pretty hard to judge any speed of your putts. I walked the 18 holes today.  It wasn't real hot, nice breeze, but the humidity from the wet ground really made you sweat, or perspire. And that zapped your energy.  But, all in all, I'd have to be satisfied with an 81.  Once again, it lowers my handicap without me winning any money.  That's not good.
But, that's the story of round 25 for the year.

No comments: