Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Hot Round of Golf.....This time at Iroquois GC

My playing partners today wanted remain anonymous, so I had to disguise them.
This is Hole #3 at Iroquois GC, a par 3, and all four of us made par on this hole.  It plays 140 yard from that tee box.
I shot a 41 - 39 = 80 today, and I rode a cart all 18 holes, another hot day on the course.  This was another 'close' to being a good round.

 The last hole on each nine jumped up and bit me in the butt.  On #9 I topped my tee shot, then topped two straight 3 woods, and took a triple bogey 7!  Then on #18, a par 3, I hit my tee shot off the right side of the green, chipped up with a nice lob shot from well below the green.  But, then proceeded to 3 putt for a double bogey 5!  The only holes I had worse than bogey was 9 & 18.  I did have one birdie, hole #10. 
I left before the other groups got in so I don't know if I won any money today.  We're always the first group out and even waiting on the group in front of us on almost every hole, we finish at least a half hour ahead of the group behind us.  I don't know what they do.  So it's usually a good hour before the last of our four groups get in and I just hate waiting around that long. 
This was round 21 for the year.

No comments: