Friday, March 26, 2010

A windy Round 9 for the Year


I played Weissinger Hill GC today. Not only was it 34 degrees when we teed off, but we had 15-20 mph winds. It was COLD!
I played with Greg Lynn, and after the 5th hole we decided to move up to the Red, Womens Tees, or we'd never be able to reach a green in regulation. I shot a 46 - 47 = 97. As has been the case this Spring, I was very inconsistant. Topped a Tee shot, Topped a 3 wood, hit one 3 wood fat for about a 50 yard shot. Three putted a couple of greens. Add that into the cold and wind, and it makes for a big score. However, I continue to hit some of my best shots of my life. I just can't get the whole game together. I gave Greg 3 shots on the front nine, and 4 on the back nine. He shot a 47 - 49 = 96. Do you see I lost my $3 to him. But, it makes for a re-negotiation on strokes the next time we play.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

I'm not sure anyone could ever get their game together in freezing temperatures...! Did you have a wind chill handicap? Yikes.