Thursday, March 11, 2010

Round 6 for the Year



I don't think I'm quiet into the swing of the golf season yet. I'm having those rounds that, when I finish, I can't believe I only swung 90 times! Today, 45 - 45 =90. I'm really hitting a lot of good shots. I just can't keep the clunker shots out of the game. And, my game, that's what kills me. I'd like to think I can go out and shoot a round in the low 80's most of the time. And, I can, if I can just keep those really bad shots out of my game. I don't play real good golf. But, even my normal run of the mill shots, some not hit real well, some I think I hit pretty good. If I could stay on a pretty even keel, that would keep my score down. But those really bad shots, that cost you usually more than one shot, are the ones that I need to keep out of my game. My normal game plan is to be 'around' the green in regulation. Not necessarily 'on' the green in regulation. If I can be around the green, and then chip on so that I have a makeable par putt. That's all I ask, and that's my usual game plan. Here lately, that plan has fallen apart on about half my holes, and that's what is driving my score up. Inconsistency. I just need to concentrate and get rid of my terrible shots. Oh well, enough rambling. It may not sound like it, but I still have fun playing.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Well, it didn't rain. And you didn't fall down and hurt yourself. And your clubs didn't get stolen. And you didn't get struck by lightening. And you didn't have a flat tire on your way home. Of course you had fun. Love you!