Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Round 8 for 2010



One thing I really like about golf is that you never stop learning the game, no matter how good or how long you've been playing. For instance, today, I learned that if you 3 putt it's really hard to par the hole. And, if you're in tree trouble and you need to hit a low ball a long way, when you use your driver off the deck, play it back in your stance. Sure, maybe I knew this at one time, but I must have forgotten it. I played much better today, but still a couple of really bad shots. I made many more good shots today than I have been, though, so I think my game is coming around. I shot a 40 - 44 = 84 at Shawnee GC. Other than 3 putting the first green, my short game was excellent. 17 of my drives were decent to good, and only 1 of my 3 wood shots really stunk. Like I said before, I can live with so-so shots, it's those real stinkers that I have to eliminate. Once again, no matter how much I complain about the round, I always have fun.
* This is an addition to my blog I just posted. The 2 par 5's on the back nine played very long for me. They were into the wind, and the air was cool, so my ball didn't carry very far. On both par 5's I hit a good drive, 2 decent 3 woods, and then had a 30 - 40 - yard wedge. So my score of 44 on the back side was, I thought, a pretty decent score.

No comments: