Monday, March 29, 2010

Tyler Park may offer new Metal Detecting Site




........Several Days ago as I was driving around the Castleman Statue I spotted a man metal detecting along the curb. I stopped and talked to him for awhile. I'd seen him several times recently metal detecting around the neighborhood. He's been metal detecting for 30 years. He showed me some of the things he's dug up recently, he had his car trunk full of stuff. He had about 10 silver coins lying on a rag, mostly dimes. He talked about Central Park several years ago when they tore up the tennis courts and got rid of them. He said there were Indian Head pennies lying on the surface, and a bunch of coins to be found that had been under the tennis court surface for years.
They plan on renovating Tyler Park. The plans are to take up the Tennis Courts in the foreground, and taking up the basketball court on the other side of the park. I think the same situation with coins will be present when that happens. I'd like to be the first one there. They'll also take out the spray area and move it to the other side of the park. I don't know when this will happen, but I'm gonna be watching for it.

No comments: