Saturday, March 6, 2010

One years worth of Metal Detecting treasures



Today is my Birthday. I got my metal detector for my Birthday last year. So, it's been one year of detecting! This is what I found in one year. I have 2 wooden boxes of larger pieces I found that I didn't put in this picture. Those are just large pieces of metal that might be good to recycle. Such as a very large bolt, big pieces of lead, metal plates, pieces of copper pipe, etc. The total money I found, all in change, is $88.83. My goal was to find $100, but January and February weather kept me inside the house and off the hunt. This has been a lot of fun. I've dug up a lot of bottle caps, can tabs, aluminum cans and pieces of cans. But, that's what the fun is. You never know what it is that made that beeper go off. The detector gives you a good idea, but of the 10 rings I found, each one was a surprise when I saw it. My most exciting find was the 1934 Half Dollar. That did put a smile on my face.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

If you counted the valuables?? other than the cash, you're easily over the $100 goal, aren't you? What a haul. Just imagine what 2010 holds in store for you.