Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Buried Treasure from the Wagner Estate


I normally wouldn't take a picture of everything I dig up, but I thought Mark might want to know what I dug up out of his yard. I thought at first the ring at the top of the picture was a great find, gold ring and precious jewel, but upon inspection it's not gold and therefore I doubt a precious jewel. The penny next to the ring is a 1944, which is nice. The quarter is an 'Illinois' State quarter. The rest, a spoon, gutter snippings, gutter mesh, the end of a light bulb, a piece of wire, can tabs, and two metal labels off of rose bushes. All in all, Mark has a very metal free back yard. This may look like a lot, but for a whole backyard, it is very little. One item of interest is the small piece in the upper right hand corner. It looks like the front off a tie tack or some type pin. It has ZD with an arrow on the front and across the top is written "Pride NOPL". Anyone have any idea what that means?

1 comment:

Bad Bob said...

I googled NOPL and that is New Orleans Public Libraries. But, how the ZD ties in I don't know.