Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Poor Golf at Shawnee GC


I played round 5 for the year at Shawnee GC today. I once again played very poorly. You know how sometimes when you're playing you play like you've never swung a club in your life? Well, I'd have to improve by about 5 strokes to play that well. I shot a 51 - 45 = 96. I can't point to any one part that was bad. All parts of my game were equally bad. However, I did manage to par the last two holes! Just as I was getting warmed up I ran out of holes. One thing did kinda concern me today, though. I have a ball pick-up on the end of my putter so I can get the ball out of the cup without bending over. I don't bend over very well anymore. It really helps me. However, today I found it extra hard to bend over and put my tee in the ground on the tee box. I can't think of anything to use to help me with that. My left hip doesn't bother me that much, but it does keep me from bending very well. I ran out of Aleve yesterday so I didn't take my usual dose before playing. I hope that's what it was. However, I may have to only play when I can take Erin or Jill with me to put my tee in the ground. I bet they would be happy to do that for Grampy.

1 comment:

Brian said...

can you rig up a nail gun to use with tees and just fire that sucker in from the upright, hominid position?