Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Booty from Highlands Traditional Middle School



I metal detected at Highland Traditional Middle School this evening. I stopped there yesterday and got permission from the Principal to check the grounds during none school hours. I was there for about an hour and Brian stopped by. He detected with me for about 45 minutes and all he found was junk. I found 2 quarters, 4 dimes, and 11 pennies plus this St Xavier ring. This ring is and underclassmans ring, not a Senior Ring. So, it could be from any year.

The field is a dog field. Everyone in the neighborhood must bring there dog to that field to let it run. It's fenced in. I guess it's a great place to take your dog. They pick up after their dogs, too. So the field is pretty clean. I might have better luck with fewer dogs on a weekend. I happened to be there right at the time people get home from work and take their dogs out for a little exercise.

Since I've been metal detecting, I've come up with two rules I try to go by. One: Never be disappointed in finding a penny! Two: Never hurry through one area to get to another. Metal detect where you are like you know there's a diamond ring buried there somewhere.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I'm commenting for the sake of commenting, so you'll keep on posting.