Thursday, March 4, 2010

Finally, round 3 for the year


I finally got out on the course again. I played Iroquois GC today and shot a 41 - 43 = 84. We played the back nine first again. I don't know why they do that. I didn't win low round with handicap. As a matter of fact I was 4th in our foursome! But, our foursome did play good because we won the team bet. There were 3 foursomes today, so our team won $6 each. With my winnings I got by today playing for only $4.50. It's going to take a little time to get back into walking 18 shape. I was pretty tired on the back nine. There was one incident today. If you'll remember last year on one of my rounds at Shawnee GC I had a first. I say a deer on that course for the first time. Well, today at Iroquois I saw a snake for the first time on that course. It was a small one, but the other golfers in my group thought it was a copperhead. It was on the 5th hole, the first par five, beside the creek across from the ladies tee. We had cut through from the 4th green and were trying to cross the creek at that point to get to the tee box, when we saw it. It was probably about 14 inches long. He was coiled up so it was kinda hard to tell how long he was. But, from my experiences, where there are small snakes, there are big snakes.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Of course. Where do you think little snakes come from.