Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hot time, Summer in the City!

It's getting tough to play golf in weather this hot.  I can't afford to play as much as a do and pay for a cart, too.  If it doesn't cool off soon, I'll have to skip a few rounds, maybe just playing once a week.
It's really not bad playing in this heat when you're riding.  After each shot you get to drive along and get a nice breeze.  Even without driving, you can sit down, and in the shade.  I'm completely worn out when I walk 18 holes, but when I finish 18 in a cart, I feel like playing another round.  What a world of difference.
I didn't play bad today for my 34th round of the year.  I shot a 37 - 39 = 76 at Shawnee GC.  My handicap is still 6, so my net score of 70 gets me nothing.  Like I've said before, I won't win any money until my handicap goes back up.  I had a few shots and putts today that I would like to do over, but, overall, I was satisfied with my round.  I made a lot of nice shots, and sank a few putts.  I don't know what score will win money, but I wasn't low net in my foursome.  If you're not the low player in your own foursome, there's a real good chance you didn't beat everybody!

No comments: