Saturday, June 30, 2012

Links Golf at Kearney Hills GC

This isn't Kearney Hills GC.  But, other than the Ocean View, it looks a lot like it.
I played from the White Tees today and shot a 43 - 44 = 87.  I didn't play bad except I never made a putt.  If I'd have putted better I'm sure I could have cut 4 or 5 strokes off that score.
I didn't putt well, didn't feel good standing over the ball.  But most of that was I had no idea how the ball was going to break.  After several greens reading the break wrong, I started getting a little gun shy.  Those greens had some little subtle breaks that you just couldn't see.  Plus, some were pretty fast and others slow, depending, I think, on how recently they were watered.  So, my putts were all over the place.  Plus, I hadn't played that course enough to know it well enough to keep out of trouble.  And, from the White Tees, it played pretty long for my game.  So, all-in-all, I'd say the 87 wasn't a bad round for my 33rd round of the year.

No comments: