Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pittsburgh Trip, First Report

Mary Lynn and I just got back from Pittsburgh to attend Brent and Mary Ann Wagner's wedding.  The trip went well, the wedding and reception was awesome.  My job was to provide a little Human-interest reporting.  You know, the kind of crap I hate when they show the Olympics!
We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Downtown.  It was a very nice place to stay and had a great Breakfast Bar.  Very Impressive.  And, we were pretty well located to get to all the events.  Well, the Rehearsal Dinner and Reception.  The Wedding was a pretty good distance away.
Back to the Hotel.  The rooms were nice, but trying to adjust the temperature in the room was impossible.
When we would get back to the room, the thermostat would show 75 degrees.  But, it would feel 80 and muggy.  So, I'd drop the thermostat one degree and the unit would kick on.  And run.......and run.........Brrrrrrr.  I know it would get down to the low 60's before it would kick off.  And then would stay cold all night.  It felt cold to me, so I know Mary Lynn, shown here under a large comforter, blanket, her robe, and a pillow stacked up on her feet, was freezing.  I always like to keep my room nice and cool, but this was a little much even by my standards.  But, she was a trooper, and hung in there.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

The only time I was colder than this was that time in Susie's bedroom in Columbus.