Thursday, July 5, 2012

This time even riding in a cart was hot!

I took this picture of one of the fairways today.....Oh wait a minute, that was my skin!
The past several rounds I've played it's been very hot, but riding in a cart the heat just didn't bother me.  Today, it was different.  It was hot!  The humidity has gone up, and there wasn't much of a breeze today.  So, when we were sitting still in the cart, or standing there waiting to hit or putt, it was really hot.  I'm not sure how it happens, but every few minutes I notice my glasses have a spray of small droplets of water all over them.  I think it's from when I swing my hair or maybe just from my sweaty face, sends a shower of water out into the air.  Anyway, I have to clean off my glasses every few minutes.  That gets to be a little bit of a pain.I didn't play bad today.  I did hit a couple of really bad shots, worse than I've hit for awhile.  So that didn't help my scoring.  I shot a 42 - 39 = 81 today at Iroquois GC.  One double bogey on par 4 #8, when I was just off the green in 2.  A poor chip and 3 putts.  That'll do it.  I do think that the heat caused a lack of concentration every once in awhile.  I've miss hit shots lately, but haven't hit shots like a couple of shots I hit today.  Even so, I'm  pleased with the 81 for 35th round of the year.

No comments: