Saturday, July 14, 2012

Myth Busters! Doctors make rare discovery.

There are many people that I played golf and worked with over the years that swore I didn't have a heart.  Well, I do!  And the Doctors at Audubon Hospital have proof!  Now, it may be as small as a grape, but it's there.
After suffering a Heart Attack this past Thursday, I spent about 3 days in the hospital while they determined that one of my arteries to the heart was completely 100% blocked.  They ballooned it and put in a stent to keep it open.  After that procedure I felt 100% better.  Even the 4 Nitro pills under my tongue didn't relieve the pain.  So, after that procedure Thursday and convalescing 2 more days, I'm back home.  Can't play golf for at least a couple of weeks, but I would think after my stress test on the 26th of this month I'll be released to do most anything.
While I can't play golf, I'm sure I can go to the Zoo and put a little time in there.  They have their 2012 Docent Class beginning this Thursday and Saturday so I think I just might attend those Orientation classes to see how the new recruits look!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Dad, if you are reading this comment, STOP WALKING UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS TO YOUR COMPUTER so much! At least for a few days.
But otherwise it's hard to describe both how worried I was Thursday and how happy I am that your ticker is still ticking.

Mary Lynn said...

That's telling him, Kevin.

Mark said...

Please let me know if you need anything done around the house. You know, like shoveling snow or raking leaves or carrying the milk pales. I can be there in a jiffy.