Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's been hot when weather in the 90's seems cool!


The weather finally broke.  I know it's still hot, but it's a good 10 degrees warmer than it has been.  It was actually cool enough that I would have walked today, but my knee won't let me.  I've got a Dr.'s appt Thursday and hope to find out the extent of my knee injury then.  So, I thought I'd better not push it today.   I played Shawnee GC today for round 36 of the year.  I scored pretty well, but didn't play well the front nine.  I thought I played better and hit much better shots on the back nine.  Although, my 39 - 39 = 78 wouldn't suggest that.  But, the par at Shawnee is 34 - 36, so I was 5 over on the front and only 3 over on the back.  Also, I saved a lot holes that I hit bad shots by making a very good shot, or making a putt.

I tried a different putter on the front nine.  I bought it at a yard sale Saturday for $2 and thought I'd try it out.  I really like the feel of it.  The only problem is it's about 2 and half inches shorter than the putter I've been using.  So, I have to bend over a little more and it's a little awkward feeling.  I went back to my old putter for the back nine.  I really like my old putter.  I've been using it for quite a few years now, and I bought it at a yard sale for $1.50.  The new yard sale putter is really nice.  Just too short.  I don't think I want to go to the trouble of re-gripping and extending the shaft when I like my old putter.  But, a shorter person out there who'd like to try out this great putter, it's available.  Listening OJ?
My goal of nothing higher than bogey was blown on the very first hole. I had a double bogey 7 on the par 5 first hole.  That took the pressure off!  But, I did accomplish another goal.  I didn't three putt today.  So, with a double on the first hole, and a bogey on the 2nd hole, finishing with a 39 was pretty satisfying.

No comments: