Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back on the Yellow Tees for Round 27 FTY

Well, to prevent those Jugheads I play with from being upset, I moved back to the yellow tees.  Of course, my handicap will take a few rounds to adjust, but I don't think it will be much adjustment.  I've been playing well, no matter what tees I play from.
I played pretty good today, at least on the front nine.  I didn't putt well on the back nine, and it cost me at least 4 strokes, maybe more.  I shot a 37 - 42 = 79.  That 37 on the front was a 1 over par, with a 3 putt on hole #9!  I think that was the point my putting seemed to leave me for the round.  I then proceeded to 3-putt 3 of the next 4 holes.  I did manage to play without a double bogey until I got to #18.  Hmmm....seems like I had a little trouble on the finishing hole on each nine, doesn't it?  I look back at the round and I see it should have been easily a round of 73 or 74.  My handicap at Iroquois is down to a 6, so my net today was a 73.  I shoulda been there with an actual score.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: