Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's been awhile since I've played Sun Valley GC

Our Thursday golf group moved to Sun Valley GC today because both Iroquois and Shawnee had something going on.  I haven't been to Sun Valley GC for at least a year, and I'm not sure I played it at all last year. 
I don't care for Sun Valley GC much, but it was a nice change.  The weather was beautiful today, so it was nice to be out on the  course.
I didn't have a very good front nine, but had a good back nine.  So, my total 18 wasn't bad.  I shot a 41 - 36 = 77.  My par 36 on the back was with 1 bogey, 1 birdie, and the rest pars.  However, one par 5 should play just as a par 4 from the forward tees, and that was the hole I birdied.  So, really, I was 1 over, which isn't bad.
I found out today that some of the people are really upset that a few of us are playing from the forward tees.  I don't understand it myself.  Our handicap is established from that tee.  But, because I've been playing so well lately they've assumed it's because I'm getting that 5 yard advantage off the tees!  So, I'm moving back a tee.  If that's what it takes to make them happy, I'll do it.  But, I've lost a little of that good feeling towards our friendship.

No comments: