Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Golf, This time at Shawnee GC

Our normal Thursday golf is at Iroquois, but the past couple of weeks it's been a little mixed up due to some events at the courses.  So, we've adjusted and should be back on the Tuesday at Shawnee, Thursday at Iroquois next week.
But, today we were at Shawnee GC.  And, as I've said, I moved back to the Senior, Yellow, Tees.  I wasn't at all pleased with my front nine, but played pretty well my back nine.  I shot a 42 - 40 = 82.  Started putting better on the back nine.  I think my frame of mind was wrong when putting.  I've always thought that you need to be thinking about making a putt while standing over it.  I don't care how long a putt it is.  If you start thinking about leaving it close, don't blow it by, don't leave it short, then, you start to do those things.  You have to get the proper alignment, realize the distance, then when standing over the putt, the only thought should be "make this putt!".  I don't think that is what was on my mind lately.  So, I've corrected that.
I hit more poor shots today than I've hit for awhile.  I just need to get my concentration better.  I think an 82 is OK, but I know it should be down around 75 if I'm playing well.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: