Sunday, January 30, 2011

This and that and a few more things.....

These items were stored in another box in the basement.  In the back in boxes are horse bobbleheads like the Secretariet bobblehead on top. I didn't feel like getting them out when you can see what they'd look like by the Secretariat bobblehead.  In the boxes are Seattle Slew on the left and Affirmed on the right. Also a Pat Day bobblehead and a Pat Day nesting doll sitting on top of riding goggles autographed by Day.  To the right is a set of Walt Disney Mugs with Uncle Scrooge on them.  I got those at a yard sale for 50 cents even though if you look close you'll see $1.00 marked on the top.
In front of those bobbleheads are some trading cards.  One is a card autographed to Mary Lynn by Nick Zito, and the far right   is a Steve Cauthen autographed card.  He rode Affirmed to a Triple Crown win.  Then in the left center are two boxes of golf trading cards from 1991, sitting beside an autographed flag from the PGA tournament.  Lot's of golfers autographs on it.  In the middle almost hidden are two blue Bart Simpson watches I sent away for with a couple of cereal box tops. Then, a golfer bobblehead, and a set of collectible P & G Coasters.  In front of that is a 'Grinch' cereal bowl I sent away for.  I have two of those.  Fill the bowl with cereal and pour the milk down the chimney!  Cool!  In the center are jockey trading cards.
Then, the rolled up posters I couldn't find a way to display for a picture.  On the left is a poster of the Derby winning Jockey Mural hanging at Churchill.  Then, front center, are posters of Derby Winners. Top is Monarchos, center is Charismatic, and bottom is Grindstone.  I have other posters stored around different places, but these were all in the same box.
Front right is a Kentucky Wildcat 2001 SEC Tournament Poster, Autographed by the team.  I can't make most of the signatures out, but if I had a roster of the team that year I could nail most of them.  The only one I can make out is Tubby Smith.
These were all in one box in the basement except for the Pat Day items and the Secretariat bobblehead. I have them displayed in the basement room.
But, this is just another box in the storage bins of Bad Bob's basement.  So Brian, if not a Coke room, what about a Golf Room?  If you want a Derby Room you'll have to talk to Kevin.

No comments: