Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Round #1 for the year 2011

I played my first round of the year today.  I didn't play well, but I shot about my average score for 2011.  I played Shawnee and shot a 42 - 44 = 86.  I walked the 18 and it was a lot easier than walking 18 in July!
The course wasn't quiet  as frozen as the picture to the right, but most of the ground was still frozen and you really couldn't expect your shots to the greens to 'check up'.  One big problem was that you couldn't hit the greens with your irons because the ball would bounce high  and off the back of the green.  And if you tried to hit short and roll onto the green the balls would really take some wicked sideways bounces.  The greens rolled fast and true today, overall, and that was nice.  I can't complain about an 86 on January 4th.  Any score you can shoot in January is a bonus!  I'm going to have to make sure I get my walks in over the winter so that I'll be ready to walk 18 when the days are nice.

No comments: