Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pins you say? I got'em....

Another one of the items I've collected....Pins.  Other than Derby Festival Pins, I didn't really collect pins, I just never got rid of any.  Over the years working at Coca-Cola, Miller Beer, and Toyota, I've come in to a few pins.  At Coke, I got a service pin every five years and a safe driving pin every year.  Along with that, there were always pins handed out for various events, like the balloon race, sales campaigns, safety, United Way donations, etc.  Same with Toyota.  Always some type of pin being given out.                                                       The framed pins on the  left are Coca-Cola Balloon pins and a set of Coca-Coca Olympic Pins.  The frame at right were 15th Anniversary pins for Disney World.  A set of Snow White and The Seven Dwarves, and Peter Pan.  The big pile of pins on the right center are all Derby Festival Pins.  The front center are all Coca-Cola Service pins. One item of note, the little box just to the left of the green card is a UofL 1986 National Championship Pin.  I don't remember how I got that, but I know I didn't 'buy' it.
At least these items don't take up much room.  I can get them all in a couple of cigar boxes.  Hmmm.....the cigar boxes might be worth more than the pins.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

For 7 or 8 years I've been looking for my old pictures - can't find them anywhere. Senior prom, Junior prom, trips to Florida with girlfriends, plus letters Bobby wrote to me from Vietnam, and other pictures and momentos that have been lost. I'll bet he's put them in our basement SOMEWHERE! Maybe under the hubcaps?

Judith Bowman said...

ML - you are too funny! The Coca-Cola pins are probably worth something to a collector - not everybody can get ahold of those...