Friday, January 28, 2011

What else is stored in Bob's Basement?

Well, I've got a lot of Coca-Cola toy trucks.  These I came by in my years at Coca-Cola.  I would keep my eye out for toy Coca-Cola trucks at stores or Flea Markets.  If the price was right I'd pick it up. 

Many of the toys I took out of the original boxes for the picture, so I do have them.  Watching Antiques Roadshow, often the boxes are worth more than the item itself.  Or, by being in the original box it more than doubles the value.  Again, none of these are 'old', but they do keep getting older.  Most of them are from the 70's and 80's.  The big Semi-Truck on the left, when you have batteries in it the row of lights light up all away around the truck.
Boy Brian, I bet you're re-thinking that Coke Room now, aren't you?

5 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

With all these collectibles you have, you could have retired earlier.

Judith Bowman said...

Gosh, Brian is one lucky guy! (Right, Julie)?

Nice collection, Bad Bob. I think the little green truck in front is the cutest.

Judith Bowman said...

By the way - who IS that guy with the long hair? A little creepy...but no mustache, so it can't be you. Right?

Bad Bob said...

That is the original 'Bad Bob', from the movie "The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean". You've never seen it?

Kevin said...

"You've done it, Judge, you've killed Bad Bob. You call that sporting? It wasn't a real stand up fight."
"Stand up? I laid down to steady my aim."