Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just like Dad always said......

My Dad used to say "If anything is laying on the street in our neighborhood it will eventually end up in my yard."  I feel the same way.  I looked out the front door to see if it was snowing yet, and I saw something lying in the yard out by the fire hydrant.  I couldn't tell what it was so I went out to investigate.

It was a complete exhaust pipe off a truck or car.  It was in the yard, so I dragged it out to the street and called metro call to come pick it up.  I guess it fell off a vehicle and somebody put it in the yard to get it out of the street.  I hope they come by and get it before the snow covers it up.

Anyway, back to my Dad's saying.  Once, when he was driving home, he saw a dead chicken in the road just about a block from the house.  He said to himself, "I don't know how, but some way that thing will end up in my yard."  Well, a couple of hours later my brother Joe, who was about 5 years old at the time, came strolling up in the yard carrying that chicken saying "I've got something we can have for supper tonight!"

3 comments:

Brian said...

Ha!

Mark said...

I think the reason your dad said that was because he knew who his kids were.

Judith Bowman said...

That's a great story. Ha!