Monday, January 24, 2011

A sampling of my Coca-Cola Memorabilia

In my basement, much to the dismay of Mary Lynn, I have stored what I call 'collectible' items.  M. L. calls it 'junk'.  To be fair, she doesn't call it all junk, but a lot of it junk.  I have a fair amount of Coca-Cola items stored away.  To the left is a sample of some of the 'older' items.  A couple of metal 'six pack' trays, 3 old embossed bottles, two of them still full, all 3 stamped Louisville, KY on the bottom, an old brown Coke bottle, I don't know what year that is from, and a 'Simba' bottle.  Remember Simba?  Coca-Cola introduced it in the 60's with the tag line 'Conquers the African thirst!".


At right are some of the Coke radios I have.  Two vending machine radios, a bottle radio, and a can radio.  Plus two old time soda shop glasses with pewter holders.  Plus a golf club pen holder for a desk.  None of these items are very old, unless you consider 60's and 70's old.  I guess they're getting pretty old, come to think of it.
This is a sampling of the items I have stored.  I've always said that Mark get's all my coins, which I've already given  to him, except for the metal detecting coins.  Kevin gets my Derby collectibles, and poor Brian gets stuck with all my Coca-Cola Collectibles.
I'm not sure which items would be worth more, but my bet would be on the Coke items, if for nothing else, because there's more of it.  Also, Brian, whenever you're ready, you can start hauling it away!  Wouldn't it be nice to have a 'Coke' room in your house?  What a conversation piece!  Kevin, whenever you want you can start hauling the Derby Collectibles away, too!

3 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I don't call the Coca Cola things junk. Mostly all the hubcaps that he brings home. You know, those things that are in the street and end up in our basement.

Brian said...

Julie loves you Dad...don't blow it.

Throw in your golf autographs and you got a deal!

Judith Bowman said...

I like to watch American Pickers and that show about the pawn shop on the History Channel - they say that Coke items are hot, very collectable and always have been. I'll bet you have some items that any collector would want.