Thursday, September 24, 2009

Slogging through the water at Iroquois GC


..........................................................................................I played golf at Iroquois GC today, round 49 for the year. I should have called and cancelled, but went ahead and played anyway. Boy, was it wet. It only rained hard once for about 10 minutes, but it sprinkled rain almost the whole time. Many of the greens had standing water on them and you needed to move your ball to try to avoid going thru standing water. Sometimes though, it was unavoidable. When you putt through standing water, your ball doesn't go very far. Putting cost me a couple of strokes today, and I thought I putted well. I shot a 38 - 42 = 80. Again, a good score but not good enough to win any money. I'm home now, and have all my golf gear, (clubs, umbrellas, shoes, hat) in the basement drying out with a fan blowing on them. I thought I played well considering I got zero roll on my drives and had to putt through standing water on the greens. But, you got a free ball wash every time you made a putt!

No comments: