Friday, September 18, 2009

The Day the Music Died...


I have always listened to music. Not just in passing, while in the car, or something to be on in the background, but just sat and listened to music. I've always enjoyed lots of different kinds of music. People have asked me "What kind of music do you listen to?" Well, that's hard to say. I really like music, so I listen to a rather diverse selection. I'm not a fan of country music, but I really like some of it. I listen to Cajun, Irish, Folk, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Big Band, Bluegrass, Easy Listening, etc.
Mary Travers passed away Wednesday. It made me stop and think. But, if I were to guess, I'd say I spent more time in my life listening to Peter, Paul and Mary than any other single or group of performers. I liked their music when I was young and I still like to listen to them. I've gone through fads where I liked one artist a lot and listened to them more than anything else, but P,P & M have always been near the top of my list.
What group have you spent more time listening to in your life? Kinda hard to pick one isn't it? Like listing your top 5 movies of all times. Who are your top 5 most listened to performers in your life? I'd have to give mine a lot of thought before I could settle on the 5, but PP&M would be my #1.
Mary Travers, I'll miss you.

2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

Aw, Bad Bob - I agree with you 100%There was no other group like PP & M. I am lucky enough to have seen them in concert in 1968. Absolute magic. I have read that Mary Travers was also a generous and kindhearted person. Rest in peace, Mary.

Judith Bowman said...

My top 5 pop performers in my life? You're right, that is hard. I guess it would be PP&M, Joan Baez, the Temptations (My Girl is their best with that incredible backup music), and the Tabler Girls (they just sing and dance their way into your heart).