Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Critter Ridder strikes again...


Well lookie here! Another racoon! He's now a Hoosier. I know the poor dear looks like a drowned rat, but that's because I hosed him off pretty good trying to wash out the cage. For some reason he dug up all the grass and dirt around the cage and put it in the bottom, as you can see when you englarge the picture. I think he must have thought if he dug up enough dirt he would be able to get out. Anyway, it wouldn't wash out with him in there.So,I hauled him over to New Albany, let him go, and returned and washed the cage out.
I always keep two squirrel traps set. I catch an occasional bird in them, and let them go. Yesterday when I went out back a cat took off over the stone wall, and one of my squirrel traps was turned over in the middle of the yard. When I checked, a small House Wren was caught in it and I'm sure the cat was trying to get at it. He managed to tear up my cage a little bit. So, I set my larger trap trying to catch him last night. But, instead, caught this beast. He's a bit smaller than the last one I caught, but I'm sure will grow big and strong in Hoosier Land.

No comments: